Monday, November 23, 2015

SQL Server 2005 nears EOL

It is sunset time for SQL Server 2005 as it reaches end of life  (EOL). While EOL may be an extreme word to use, it is going to be End of Support (EOS) by Microsoft beginning April 2016.
SQL Server 2005 was the beginning of a new era for SQL Servers and according to information available on the Internet, SQL Server 2005 is still used extensively tied up with Windows Server 2003.
There are a couple of upgrade options and probably most go for either SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. Perhaps it may be better to go the whole 9 yards and get SQL Server 2016 which is in CTP right now.

The good news (for me) is that SQL Server 2005 will continue to stay for few more years and I can still sell my book.


https://www.packtpub.com/networking-and-servers/beginners-guide-sql-server-integration-services-using-visual-studio-2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...