Saturday, July 28, 2018

Wall papering a report using Power BI July update

This adds a cool effect to a report instead of a drab looking, dry report. Wall Paper background make look it cool.

I had an old report that I loaded to the July 2018 Update of Power BI. What I call a drab looking report is shown is here.

It is OK but not cool.

The way you apply a Wall Paper to this report uses the Page related controls. Transparency of the Page and the Wall Paper (its transparency, Color and Image choice).


In the Wallpaper section you can import an image, set its background color and set its transparency. These choices were made of the Page  (the drab page earlier) and the image was chosen from the available ones on the computer by browsing).

If you do not set the transparency of the page, you will see very little of the wall paper, but choosing the correct you can see the transparency well. The exact settings is to your taste.


The choices made for the above are shown in the settings below.


You can also adjust the size of the Wall Paper and here it is set to 'Fit'


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...