Friday, August 4, 2017

Adding Excel Application to SQL Server Management Studio

I am using SQL Server Management Studio Version 17.1. You may user another version.

Launch SSMS 17.1

Click Tools | External Tools...

External Tools window is displayed as shown.



Replace the Title with a name of your own, herein Excel Application. The menu contents also
changes to the one you provided, herein Excel Application.

You need to provide the location of the executable in the Command box. In the present case the
executable is here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE"

Now you External Tools window should appear as shown.


Click OK.

Now you will find 'Excel Application' as shown in the Tools menu.


Now when you click this menu item, Excel Application is launched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...