Sunday, August 20, 2017

Enabling FILESTREAM on an instance of SQL Server Database Engine

You could configure FILESTREAM at installation time as shown here while configuring the Database engine for a SQL Server 2012 Express named instance.



FileStream_00

At the highlevel you need the Transact-SQL Access and if you need the file I/O access you need to enable it and provide a Windows share name as shown. If remote client access to FileSTREAM data is required you need to check this as well.

You could check whether FILESTREAM is enabled or not, by reviewing the instance properties in SQL Server Configuration Manager on the SQL Server Instance as shown for the instance OHANA.


The file share location is accessed by the UNC name as shown:



If FILESTREAM is not enabled you can enable in the Configuration Manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...