Monday, January 13, 2020

What is XEvent Profiler in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2019?

XEvent Profier's role in SSMS is for troubleshooting SQL Server Issues such as slow running queries, identify long-running queries, monitor SQL statements, etc. From Version SQL Server 7.0, SQL Profiler was used, but it was not easy to use due to the lack of a GUI.

SQL Profiler was replaced by XEvent Profiler which is easy to use and presents a quick view of Extended Events.
XEvents is a feature of SSMS and not SQL Server and it was available in SSMS V17.3.

It is also available in SSMS V18.4 which is the latest version of SSMS as of now. You can find in the Object Explorer (bottom-most node)  of SSMS as shown here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...