Sunday, August 9, 2015

Connecting to SQL Server 2012 using PowerBI

Kindly follow this post to download PowerBI. Also read up on some of the related posts here and here.

I will be connecting to the Person.person table in AdventureWorks 2012 database on my named SQL Server 2012 instance RegencyPark shown here:


BISQL2012_03

Launch PowerBI desktop to open the following:


BISQL2012_01

Click GetData to see your popular options.


BISQL2012_02


Click on SQL Server to open the SQL Server Database:

BISQL2012_04

Enter the credentials as shown. Enter full name <computername/Instance name>. Database name is optional but if you already know the database name enter as shown here (by doing so one less step, perhaps). Click OK.


BISQL2012_05

You can use Windows Authentication (as I am doing here as the current owner of the computer as used in the installation of the named instance.

BISQL2012_05

Click Connect.


BISQL2012_06

Read the encryption support message. Click OK. You are connected to the database. Click on the table Person.person.


BISQL2012_06

Rock and Roll, you are ready to visualize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...