Sunday, August 29, 2010

Importing Geospatial data from MS Excel 2010 to SQL Server 2008 R2

Capturing geo-spatial data from web pages is something that Excel can do very well and processing of geo-spatial data is a new capability that became available in SQL Server 2008 R2. With Bing and Maps new applications are possible.
Getting data from MS Excel to SQL server 2008 R2 is very easy with the Export and Import wizard.
This article shows how you would bring in geo-spatial data from an MS Excel 2010 Spread Sheet file to a database table in SQL Server. As SQL Server 2008 R2 supports geo-spatial data it is very easy to process it on the SQL Server. SQL Server Import and Export Wizard is used.
 
The SSWUG article can be viewed free by registering as a guest and well sign up as well and get the full benefits.

While you are visiting SSWUG read this other article on Geo-Spatial data :

1 comment:

  1. There are many good sql files on my PC now. But yesterday I had an unpleasant problem with theirs. And I couldn't solve my issues for short time. For luck my friend advised me - import batch ms sql. It aided me quite easily.

    ReplyDelete

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...