Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Creating a report using JSON formatted data with Power BI - Part 2


This is a continuation of my previous post.

Once the query is properly created turning it into a report in Power BI is quite easy. It takes only a couple of clicks. Here is the last query in the previous post.

The column data types are text and you need to change them. Clicking each column you can change the data type. The title_id is kept as is text. The qty was changed to whole number as well as the ytd_sales column. The Amount column was changed to decimal. Here are the allowed data types in PowerBI.

Now that the plot data is ready you can click the first menu item, Close & Apply in the Query editor.

Now you place Id in the Axis and the other three (Qty, Ytd_Sales, Amount) in the value fields to display a Clustered Column Chart as shown.
or a Multi-row card report as shown.


You can also choose any other chart type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...