Tuesday, May 2, 2017

SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server 2016 is a separate Install

Recently downloaded SQL Server 2016 SP1 and to my surprise I did not find SQL Server Management Studio. This is by design that Microsoft wants user to download it separately, it is free however. In addition to SSMS (v17.0) lots of other components related to SQL Server vNext CTP 2.0 are also installed.

Another surprise, SQL Server 2016 SP1 now installs the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

How's that for confusion!


Install SSMS (Release 17) from this link:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms

 SQL Server 2016 SP1 installation installs the following:




SQL Server Management Studio installs the following shown by arrows:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...