Sunday, November 19, 2017

Binary images in tables and Power BI

I have tried couple of times to display a table with a column containing images (binary) such as those you find in the Employees and Categories table in Northwind database. Power BI does not seem to support binary files.

For Power BI to claim superiority over competitor products Microsoft should come up with a fix to do it easily (not some programmatic trick). After all the strength of Power BI is its ease of use.

In my books on Reporting Services I did manage to display using a complicated expression using the expression builder. I am not sure whether such an approach would work in Power BI. I will try it sometime.



Images from Categories table in a Report Builder authored report:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...