Sunday, November 19, 2017

Report Builder 3 has UI problems that needs addressing

User Interface is very important to a graphical tool such as Report Builder. I have been using since the earliest version.

This version of Report Builder 14.0.609.142 seems to have UI problems. It is not related to resolution and I think it is in need of rework.

Here how the UI to create a connection to a SQL Server using Report Builder 3. Here you can see the whole UI (all buttons), the intermediate elements are messed up.


Expression is often used in Report Builder to fashion some relevant expression. In Report Builder 3 version 14.0.609.142, there is no OK button to submit your expression to be processed. Also the window is inflexible, bad design. Even the Help button is only partially visible.


This is not related to resolution as I have tried to see how it looks at different resolutions and even in Landscape/Portrait views. If the OK and Cancel buttons did exist they would have been aligned with the half-showing Help button.

Few more images at different display settings:



Here is how it should have appeared (copy from an earlier version article on MSDN).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...