Saturday, September 10, 2016

Power BI Charts 1: Strip Chart

This is a basic chart available in Power BI using R Script. It produces a plot of data, withe each data point a small rectangle along a single axis. The input required for this is just one column of data.

Here is an example of a strip chart of financial data with the Amount column in a table plotted along a line.

Source of data: SAP SQL Anywhere 17
Power BI: August 2016 Update


R Script for this is: straipchart(dataset) for the dataset shown in the image.

You can add a method to the above to show some separation between the data points as in the next image.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...