Monday, March 27, 2017

SQL Server PolyBase engines starts and stops in SQL Server 2016 - Part 2

Tried various suggestions from the SQL Server 2016 forum. However none of the checks / measures reveal the reason for this behavior.
According to documentation one can confirm whether Polybase is installed or, not by running the query:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY ('IsPolybaseInstalled') AS IsPolybaseInstalled;

You should get 1 if it is installed, or 0 if it is not.


However, the problem arose when there was a third answer to the above query.


The above query runs and the response is as shown.



Immediately after this you get a screen to save the response. If you do indicate a location to save the response, the program saves it to a file with the extension .rpt.

The report file can be opened with Notepad which is just the message in the response to this query shown above.

While this problem was being examined on the machine there was an update to the OS on March 23, 2017.

This morning when I tried again to start the Polybase server, there was no problem. It started without any error messages.

However, after making sure the Polybase was up and running, I tried the 'IsPolybaseInstalled?' query and I still get the same third option.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not paying this invoice. I am disregarding it, becuase....

 I am not paying this invoice because MICROSOFT has not provided me with a satisfactory way to access my account since June of this year des...